Choice.

Take a rose and break off it's petals
Get on a roof and break it's metal
Make some tea then break the kettle
Talk to your God and then your devil

I'm off to a new land with streets of gold
A wonderland where Alice never gets old
Where pain and suffering just are no more
When no more of my tears will hit the floor

I'm off to a new land of fire and brimstone
An underland with Alice on a tombstone
Where there's fear and terror in a cyclone
Where the fire's hot and there's no wishbone

I saw a light and it was my guardian angel
She said, "darling why do you love danger?"
I knew I did, but I knew it was for the flavor
Didn't know what to do, but I'm no hell raiser

I saw a dark cloak rise up from the earth
He saw me, smiled, "why are you so shook?"
I knew that I was, not wanting to get hooked
Cunning and manipulative, I had to overlook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll always be waiting for you.

But there's another face.

I will not bow.