Moon rush.

I'd know that smile anywhere, not the kind you forget
Shining there so brightly in the air at just a tad slant
Surrounded by darkness makes even more of a threat
Beautiful, keen, and sly with a hint of saying I can't
Another long night sitting under the stars this June
What do you call a color that is blacker than black
I whispered to the north he'd never introduced the moon
I didn't know how rude it'd be if I didn't smile back
I closed my eyes briefly for maybe half of a second
Trying to count the stars is a bit overwhelming
Out of the night a chill wind simply beckoned
Since then I'll never be the same only a bit more inviting
Nothing's more exciting than a smile from the sky
I heard a new song that couldn't be more in tune
I just still can't believe I've ever wondered why
My best friend's name is also known as the moon
Shining there so brightly in the air at just a tad slant
Surrounded by darkness makes even more of a threat
Beautiful, keen, and sly with a hint of saying I can't
Another long night sitting under the stars this June
What do you call a color that is blacker than black
I whispered to the north he'd never introduced the moon
I didn't know how rude it'd be if I didn't smile back
I closed my eyes briefly for maybe half of a second
Trying to count the stars is a bit overwhelming
Out of the night a chill wind simply beckoned
Since then I'll never be the same only a bit more inviting
Nothing's more exciting than a smile from the sky
I heard a new song that couldn't be more in tune
I just still can't believe I've ever wondered why
My best friend's name is also known as the moon
Comments