Blank stare.

That Wednesday of September was so alone
I'd like to tell the maker to kindly postpone
Before that sunrise I had sat on my throne
Little did I know I would unkindly be shown
That Thursday of July was more of a hell
I'd like to tell the maker I was locked in a cell
Before the sparkle of your eye cast it's spell
Little did I know it would end in farewell
That Sunday of April was more than a joke
I'd like to tell the maker instead to choke
Before you asked me and those chains broke
Little did I know it'd be the last time we spoke
No matter the year the time or the place
I'll never forget your eyes or your face
Many a man have left not even a trace
But none can ever take memory and erase
It wasn't a week, season, month, or a day
Nothing more than a lesson from dear today
An adventure from here to the milky way
Maybe one day we'll pass at repay
I'd like to tell the maker to kindly postpone
Before that sunrise I had sat on my throne
Little did I know I would unkindly be shown
That Thursday of July was more of a hell
I'd like to tell the maker I was locked in a cell
Before the sparkle of your eye cast it's spell
Little did I know it would end in farewell
That Sunday of April was more than a joke
I'd like to tell the maker instead to choke
Before you asked me and those chains broke
Little did I know it'd be the last time we spoke
No matter the year the time or the place
I'll never forget your eyes or your face
Many a man have left not even a trace
But none can ever take memory and erase
It wasn't a week, season, month, or a day
Nothing more than a lesson from dear today
An adventure from here to the milky way
Maybe one day we'll pass at repay
Comments
I love it
Thank you Shay, Ratz, and Keisha! It's not quite my favorite...but I love the last line.
This is a reflection on the three major relationships I've had in my life and how they failed.