Time traveler.
It matters how we feel. A second of time is nothing more than a moment of our life. A moment we will never get back. These moments I've let pass me by...these moments I've taken for granted... I'll never get them back. Those are done. What a wonderful life I've had, I only wish I'd realized it sooner. I want to call it a waste, my life thus far. I haven't accomplished much of what my destiny expects. And I find it strange how these epiphanies come from so deep in the night. I'm just one person, one soul. I can believe I am well versed in the ways, but in reality, I know nothing. It's amazingly beautiful-- the unknowing. A part of me wants to be afraid, but the other part is a warrior immersed in the glory of victory.I'm not far from average. I'm not a legacy in the making. I'm not someone everyone knows. I'm not the role model of our lives. I am Sharon Chaline. I think and I act. I love learning more about myself and my world. This life never ceases to amaze me. I'm unique. We are all so different, but we are so much the same. My ambition to know provides a path for my adventure. There is no classification for me. Or for you. We are individuals, and an individual has no classification.
This wreaks confusions...closing walls and ticking clocks. The sight of tomorrow is often frightening. The unknown is often frightening. Nothing else compares to that. There is only one enemy. That enemy cannot be seen, heard, or felt. It works and never ceases to stop. Nobody can stop it, but God himself. Time is the only enemy of man.
But what if we could travel time. What if yesterday was not just a memory. Would it have to ever be? Waking up in the morning might not just be the last time to wake up on that day. When the lights went out, maybe they really didn't ever exist. Who said we exist? Do I have to?
Don't take life for granted anymore. It's painful to understand, that we have, that we do. Love more than you have. There is a breaking point for hate, but love has no limit. Words and actions leave footprints on people's hearts more than we realize. I do live with regrets. I don't care what anyone else thinks about that.
If I could go back, would I?
Yes.
I'd go back and touch more lives. Warm more hearts. Laugh and smile more. Cry less and remember that I'm so blessed. I would have picked less battles and thrown more white flags. So much time has been wasted on trying to prove me innocent or correct. Nobody is correct. Nothing is justifiable. There is no judge here. And the only one there is, is the only one that matters. I'd have done less conforming. Less complaining. Less for myself and more for you. I'd have been more humble. Less jealous and more grateful for what I had, and not what I didn't. I would have loved my baggage and not tried to throw it all away to seem perfect, something I will never be. I would have said never more, and meant it. I would have done what I knew was right.
Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Leave the past, in the past. But, it was there for a reason. To teach and to love. To cherish and to grow.
"Take today and shape tomorrow from yesterday."
-Sharon Chaline
Comments
My soul sista Gabi Moonlight and I are self-declared gypsy warrior women. You, too?
xox
FB :-)
Woman you are so wise... your words get to my soul so beautifully!
:)
Dulce
Yes, me too.
Dule, I am grateful for your words! Thank you!
Nicely written post.
Lee
Tossing It Out
Love this post....true true and pretty wise
Linda
Linda
Daniel D. Peaceman, writer and editor of CHMagazine