Ticking clocks.

It's funny how we meet people throughout our lives and one day think of them randomly or see them somewhere unexpected. Then there are some times when you don't ever see them ever again. We all travel places whether it be local or some distance away and there are people whom we meet at all those locations. I sometimes stop and wonder, what that person is going through? Where are they going? Why are they here at the exact same time as me? Is there a deeper reasoning as to why they are here with me?

Strangers have more impact than we care to think. I could be at the grocery store and am having just a terrible day and that one stranger passes me by and smiles at me; it really makes my day. There have been so many people who I never even get their name who have changed my life. It's important to remember that someone is always watching you. That one smile or wave could brighten up their day. Such simple gestures can make people change their lives. It really blows my mind how people impact others in such ways as that.

I used to pass people while driving or walking by and never give it a second though that they may be going through horrid turmoil. I would never just chat with people in line waiting to get my check cashed at the bank or while choosing the right size shirt at the mall. I've noticed lately people don't talk much anymore. But, then there are those times when you get that oddball who strikes up a conversation. It makes me feel good when someone takes time out of their day to talk to me; them not knowing me from Adam. It makes me feel important and loved. As humans, we should love others unconditionally, no matter what they have or haven't done. Love is the only thing that saves us.

So many faces pass us and we dare not acknowledge their presence. I take that as an insult honestly. People have always told me I am nicer to strangers than to friends or family. I was thinking about that earlier today and they are right. I tend to open up more to a complete stranger than to a person I know wholeheartedly. I can't seem to figure out why. Maybe it's because I feel for them in ways that only a person unknowing of them could understand. Or, I simply have love for people whom I'll never see again because of judgment issues. It could be any of those things of course.

I was at the store getting Christmas decorations and a lady was sort of talking to herself debating on the colors to choose for her tree. I laughed and said "There sure are alot of choices, huh." And that began a conversation between us that lasted several minutes. It was a few minutes where I felt I was beginning to know her and her life. It feels amazing to have someone talk to you. If you have never been the person to strike up random conversation in public, try it! It really is a great feeling and experience. Some people don't expect others to look twice or even care about them at all. And, that one person could change their perspective of others and open their hearts to love.

I currently have a terrible head cold, or whatever it is called. It hit me all of a sudden yesterday!! I had a little bit of a scratchy throat but I thought it was because I had switched to some cheap cigarettes for the weekend. Alas, no. It is something far more troublesome than that. I slept from around 11:30am yesterday until 12am this morning. I couldn't lie in bed anymore for the drainage was near suffocating me! I'm hoping to get enough energy to head to the store for some Kleenex and Theraflu later on in the morning.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying away from all the winter germs!

-Sharon

Comments

Tabitha Bird said…
I strike up conversations with randoms all the time. I get lonely so I chat to others when I am out. If they think I am crazy chances are I will never see them again. I have met some wonderfully interesting people though. I recommend it!
Fireblossom said…
Oh gosh, I hope the cold gets better in a hurry! I saw this funny youtube vid called "Man Cold" where this man calls EMS because he has a head cold LOL!

I read something recently that's sad but pertains to what you have written here, Sharon. A man in San Francisco commited suicide by jumping off a bridge. When police went to his apartment, they found a note. It said what he was planning to do, but he said that if one person smiled at him on his way to the bridge, then he wouldn't do it. I feel like, it costs me nothing to be nice to somebody. It may be the only smile or kind word they hear all day, you never know.

I love your Christmas counter downer thingie!
Dulçe ♥ said…
This is a great attitude to life... So many people there every day everywhere and we keep unaware.
Thanks for this. Hoping it does not only happen to you or me or us, but evryone, and not only 'cause it's Christmas!
Hugs!
Shadow said…
this is a lovely post. yes. strangers can change your day around. and even though we may not know the reason at that specific moment, i may become clear at a later stage. we you suddenly do something out of the blue, and you think back 'but hey, a stranger did that for me once' and so the string of kindness is passed on... hope you feel better soon. lotsa love!
Sunny Shell said…
Hey there sister Sharon,

I'm one of those "strange" people who talk to others they don't know. :-) Glad to know you are too.

And yes, love is what matters most...specifically the love of Christ Jesus the Lord; for the world's definition (or even ours, for that matter) is not love at all, it may be warmth of feeling or affection, but has not the very nature of love in it; for as God wrote in the Bible, He is love. <3 And love is defined by God, not the other way around. :-) I know you understand that. :-)

I'll pray for your healing.

Bless you dear sister,
Sunny
Unknown said…
sometimes for me it is the kindness and joy of strangers that sets the tone for the day...
thank you for this post!

hope your head cold gets better they are the worst...i use a neti pot each day and that truly helps.

xo gabi
I'm too shy to strike up conversation with a streangers but I smile and return polite salutations. I like your blog and will follow.
Disguise said…
I love your blog :)
Tabitha Bird- If we're crazy for wanting to make people happy, SO BE IT! I'll take crazy for that any day!

Fireblossom- Yeah, that video is funny!!! The head cold is pretty bad, turns out it was the FLU!! :( The story of the man from San Fransisco is very very troublesome. I HATE to hear that. Simple gestures can go such a long way.

Dulce- Thank you for your comment on the post!! You are quite welcome for the reminder!!!

Shadow- Out of the blue is my way of life. I hate to be ordinary. I want to change the world one smile at a time.

JesusRulzMe(Sunny)- Thanks for the comment! Yes, Jesus is love indefinitely. Without him, I would be lost as a goose. Thanks for the healing prayers! It is MUCH needed!!

Gabriella Moonlight- You are more than welcome for the post! I'm going to try and post more positive posts to help us live a happier life!!! Kindness and joy of strangers makes my day sometimes.

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever- Thank you!! I will be glad to follow back!! Reaching out to other truly is rewarding more than you'll know!! Try it once! If you don't like it, it's okay!

Disguise- Thank you kindly!!

Popular posts from this blog

I'll always be waiting for you.

But there's another face.

I will not bow.