We're all mad in here.

The only look I get from you now is frozen in time. It's still glossy though, like your beautiful and majestic brown eyes. I take in a deep breath, one that pierces my lungs, and close my eyes gently. I try to imagine this is just a dream; but all it is, is a horrifying torturing nightmare, rather. I move my tongue from the inside of my mouth to the outside of my lips trying to savor any memory of your taste. Not being able to, I bite my lip, a little too hard, and now all I taste is blood. Copper like, almost. The taste feels like my heart. Dead. Disgusting. Mournful. Your gone, and all I have left is a memory. Memories, they say, are nice and allow us to remember the good times. All I can account memories as are being torture methods. They make me into a crazy woman. They make me want to behead myself. To get this brain away from this heart, what's left. And alas, all I do at night is remember your smell. Your touch. Your taste. I want nothing more than to at least be able to see a vast memory. And if that's all I can get, I'll settle for going mad.


Comments

Shadow said…
beautiful memories becoming painful... poignant!

Popular posts from this blog

I'll always be waiting for you.

But there's another face.

I will not bow.