Bye Bye Blackbird.
This town doesn't look the same tonight. I finally feel alive. Some presense lifted me up beyond the pain and fear and sent me to a better place. A place where I could see more than a mile ahead. A place where everything is what it seems. I wanted to wake up kicking and screaming. I wanted to know my heart was still beating.I awoke and I was alive. I was everything I wanted to be. I was real. I wasn't some piece of plastic just waiting to get thrown out in the trash. I was important. I meant something. Someone cared about me. He loved me.
I always find the perfect place to hide. Downstairs, across the street, in the clouds; but he found me. There is no hiding. And for once, hide and seek was fun. I got caught. I didn't have to give up and yell where I was, because he already knew. He knows everything about me. And it doesn't scare me. I like the way he cares about me. He sent me a blackbird. It told me a story of a woman who cried everynight for something she didnt need. She wasted so much heart and so much soul into an evil that did nothing but bring her down. It made me a cup of tea and we talked for hours about life and the dreams we had been having. Oddly enough, we had been dreaming the same dreams.
We dreamed of awakening.
The blackbird then whispered to me, that he had never felt so alive. He was watching over us. The blackbird then told me of how it looked down upon us all everyday. Never knowing what we were saying but, it saw what we were thinking by our actions. And thinking is saying. These dreams started singing to us out of nowhere. We had never felt so alive.
I closed my eyes and sipped my last bit of tea and knew he was there. He was always there. Knowing this made me smile. His presense would always be there, even when I wasn't.
Then I woke up.
I knew it wasn't a dream.
Comments