Hide and Seek.

There is a girl that I know. Everything that comes out of her mouth is honest. Her words are kind. Her mind is free. Her soul is deep. Her body is beautiful. She believes in the unbelievable. She is amazed by the uninteresting. She is pure and true. Her smile lights up a room. Her voice brings happiness to anyone who hears it. She is trustworthy. She is diligent. She is dependable.

She is not perfect.

But, she is my hero. Whether she knows it or not, this does not matter. I really don't want her to know. I want her to keep living her life, in the way she is, so I can follow her footsteps. She is like an image of someone I have always wanted to be. I am not jealous or green with envy. I respect her and her ways. I want to challenge myself to be like her and live like her.

She is modest and brave. Her name need not be recognized. Her face need not be shown. For it is what's inside, on what influences me to be better. To be creative and just. To practice kindness even to those who kill or lust or hurt. God bless her with the elements of the earth, of the body, soul, and of the mind.

God bless us all with those elements. Only those whom seek it. Only those whom can use it for good. Let us all take the powers given to us and use them. You know, this girl does not know how she affects me. She is a wonderful friend, but she has no business knowing her significance. She is an angel to me. She doesn't need to know that part of her purpose is to help others through her actions.

This is the day I hoped would never come. The paper cuts, the cheating lovers, and the coffee is never strong enough. It's a life we are all destined to live, and there is nothing more beautiful than the pain and the joy it brings to me, and to you.

I love meeting strangers. I love a smile or wave from someone I have never seen before. I love the connection. The passion. The chemistry. The life. The breath. The air we all breathe is shared between us all. You and I have more common in common with one another than you may think. We breathe. We survive. We love. We hate. We are. We aren't. Sometimes we think and sometimes we don't. And we even know everything and then we know nothing all in the same breath.

Take a glass of water. Pour it out into another glass. At one point the glass is empty, but when the water from the original glass is poured back in, it is full. We are like water. Liquid. We fill up space and we take what's given to us, and sometimes we spill out or evaporate. We then become re-hydrated and fill the glass back up, living on. Moving forward from the emptiness. Something always fills us back up. Keeps us going once more.

Spirit, love, nature, laughter, friends, family, hobbies, music; all these things give us strength to go on. Without it, it would be near impossible to be happy. Life gives us small things to cover our road in. Sometimes its beautiful golden flowers, and sometimes it's a new person met along the way. 

"The dust has only just begun to form
crop circles in the carpet, sinking, feeling.

Hide and Seek, trains and sewing machines,
all those years, they were here first.

Ransom notes keep falling out your mouth,
mid- sweet talk, newspaper word cut outs.

You don't care a bit."



Comments

Shadow said…
what a beautiful post. we all live, to touch another, influence, to support, unwittingly direct another. great writing!
Sage Ravenwood said…
Sounds like a beautiful spirit. I've often found those who don't know how they touch the lives of others, shine brightest, filled with grace. (Hugs)Indigo

Popular posts from this blog

I'll always be waiting for you.

But there's another face.

I will not bow.