Love has ruined my life.


I am sitting here drenched in my own tears. I miss him so much. I am so pathetic. I wish I could go back to when things were different, when I could say to any human at any given time, that I was happy. I was in love. Being in love gave me the courage to move forward and know that I wasn't alone. I was very dependent, which was not a good thing, but it felt good to know he was there. Now, alone my heart lies, knowing that he doesn't care. After everything I've gone through, after the break up these past almost four months, all the hell he put me through, I still would try again. I still would let go of the past and move on together.

Why do people fall out of love? I thought true love never died. He said we had all the love in the universe. He promised me forever. He gave me his love and his heart. Then one day, it was gone. He was gone. His heart and his love, were gone.

I've been down this road before with myself. I cry and get depressed over him, then wake up the next day and move on. But, it's those nights when everything reminds me of him, that I can't get over it. I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't move.

Love has ruined my life.

And, there is nothing anyone can do about it. Friends, family, whoever, tell me, move on this, move on that; but it's not that easy. It hurts. For a long time. Forever sometimes. I planned for him to always be there. And now that he isn't, I can't function.

I need help. I need someone to help me through this, but I can't find anyone, or anything. I want to drink an out of love potion. Would it be better of if he were just dead and gone? Would I still think about it?

This is in fact, the hardest road I have ever gone down. Since we separated, my life has been spiraling downward, and fast. I feel so pathetic to let a guy do this to me. I am such a strong woman, and I feel awful letting this control my life. But, there is nothing I can do anymore. It's out of my control. I can't handle it anymore.

I am only human. Love is so un-human. I don't see how love gets people anywhere. People cannot be trusted! People cannot be depended on! Ever! I did, and this is what happened to me.

We were amazing. We were in amazingly beautiful, real, love. I was enthralled. I was blessed and lucky and adorned to be in love and to be loved back. I thought it never would end. He said he would never end it. He promised me that, he swore it. And look, he did. He failed, epically.

Promises are always broken.

As I write, I feel lost and sad. Left behind. I feel angry for his lies and his distrust. But, I still don't care. I don't care about the pain. I am living in a false reality that things will change.

After our "escapade" the other day, I was heartbroken, again. I wanted to be with him so badly. He did not feel any different. WHY? I did nothing wrong. I did not change. I was the same old Sharon, as I have been since day one.

I want to get over this...or do I? Maybe I like being miserable. I really bottle all these emotions inside. I look so happy day to day, when in fact, I am a monster inside.

I don't want to hear the same shit. I know "I need to get over it." "It's not going to happen again." "Move on!" "You can do better!" BLAH!

I don't want to live like this anymore. I'm tired of hurting. I'm tired of being lost. I tried being with other people. But, I was so in love with him, that I failed! I failed. I rushed things. I was controlling. I wanted to make sure things went the way that I wanted them to.

Nothing goes right anymore. Every thought is blurry. Everywhere I go, I see us. I see him. I see me. I see our future. The future we planned.

Falling in love at such a young age is bad. It is very very bad, and dangerous.

Love is dangerous,
And,
Love is a battlefield.

So, we are not going to be together. Okay, now what? He gets to live happy and free while I stay miserable and broken! FUCK THAT! 

When does karma kick in? How long does it take? What about the three fold law in Wicca...can that please kick in? Maybe even a 187 fold law! 1,000,000,000 fold law! He needs to feel the pain, I do. I want him to cry and drag his ass on the floor for once.

I love him. I hate him. I want him. I don't.
What is this? Why?

I tried to make things what I wanted... but...

Guess what? You can't control anybody. Not even yourself.

Forgive me for my ranting. I am just another woman, taken for granted, by another asshole; just another statistic.

We always said, we wouldn't be another statistic. We would be the high school couple who grew old together unlike all our friends growing up. We would sit and reminisce to our grand children about our fifty year marriage. We would be unstoppable, unbreakable, inseparable. We made that promise. 

The promise is broken, and I hate love.



Comments

dianem said…
I know what you are going thru. it will get better.
Shadow said…
love is human. not all promises are broken. true love DOES last forever. unhappy exists. so does happy. you will find the end of the tunnel...
jiggins said…
LOVE IS HUMAN..if nothing else.. LOVE IS HUMAN!

I paused at read this line: "Being in love gave me the courage to move forward and know that I wasn't alone..." Because I wasn't sure how you could get to this realization and still feel like any courage you were granted access to, would be taken away because your relationship had changed.

I hate to say it, but this kind of a life lesson, and it is the kind that teaches you things you thought you already knew. Accept it for what it is, be a little sad if you need to.. but work through it, learn from it - and keep moving. That is a key to your happiness.
EcoGrrl said…
I feel your pain and in these types of situations all we need are hugs and love and support, not to be told what to do or when to do it, how to feel or when to feel it. I can only share my experiences, as you have, and for me it seems if I let myself experience the pain, swim in it, and know that when I am meant to emerge, it will be beautiful for me in ways I never could have imagined before going through this.

"The main thing in one's own private world is to try to laugh as much as you cry." - Maya Angelou
Charli Henley said…
Hey girl. I am sorry you are feeling so betrayed by something that once was beautiful for you.

Here's the secret about love:

It hurts.

It's never going to stop hurting. It hurts to let a person inside of you - love is like cancer. It either takes over you or it is painfully removed.

But damn if it doesn't feel good while it's going on (okay - so I guess it's not like cancer, but you know what I mean).

I'm telling you, love isn't easy. It is, however, the highest human pursuit.

You just have to keep going, even though it hurts - if you want to be human.

Emily Dickenson said this: "Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need of hell."

You'll heal. I beleieve in YOU.
Anonymous said…
WOW! You said a lot.
There is much that I can relate to. On the chance that I can offer you a few things to consider, I will share my experience and/or comments on some of the things that you said:

“I am so pathetic”
Give your self a break, except the pain you are feeling at the moment. By beating up yourself you are adding another layer of shit. Not only are you upset about the breakup, but your upset about being upset!
You can never change the way you feel in the moment- EXCEPT IT

“Love has ruined my life.”
No it hasn’t, breaking up is the problem not love

“I need help. I need someone to help me through this”

Look in the mirror, all the help you need is there. Your support is here.

“ nothing I can do anymore. It's out of my control. I can't handle it anymore”
Bullshit! You can do it!

People cannot be trusted! People cannot be depended on!
Close, but the truth is its: Some people, not all people

We were amazing. We were in amazingly beautiful, real, love. I was enthralled. I was blessed and lucky and adorned to be in love and to be loved back. I thought it never would end "
Sounds like some great moments, that you were lucky to experience.


“ I am living in a false reality that things will change.”
That’s a biggie, I am just getting out of there. There will come a point when you realize that this belief is hurting you. In my case, starting to communicate with other woman has helped me move on.

“I did nothing wrong. I did not change I was the same old Sharon, as I have been since day one”
BULLSEYE…. Its not your issue its his!
There’s nothing for you to do..

“ I look so happy day to day, when in fact, I am a monster inside”
Please you are no monster, just a little fucked up inside

, “that I failed! I failed”.
The relationship failed, you didn’t!

“He gets to live happy and free while I stay miserable and broken! FUCK THAT”
Fuck that is right…..Time to get it together!!

“ He needs to feel the pain, I do. I want him to cry and drag his ass on the floor for once.”
Warning bells…You can not get better if you hold this anger. He is not worth it. Let it go slowly.

“I love him. I hate him. I want him. I don't. What is this? Why?”
Simple, we are human!

“ You can't control anybody. Not even yourself.”
For sure others, you can control your reactions to things, it takes practice


“I hate love”
For now, you sound like too wonderful a person not to love again.

I wish you a safe and speedy journey through this hell !
Sage Ravenwood said…
Time does heal all wounds. And as harsh as it sounds when the reality hits, he won't ever feel what you want him to, or hurt as much as wish...then you will ponder why are you losing another moment of your life (It's truly a very short life, in my opinion the human equivalent of life will never be long enough), on someone who will never feel the way you do.

I spent most of mine on guys like that, it took a lifetime to discover what love truly was. You only get there through heartbreak and mistakes dear friend. Life is almost never fair, love will even up the odds. Love from any source right now will work wonders, family, friends...online correspondence. Time...give it time...trust me I've been in your place...perhaps far too often. (Hugs)Indigo
Anonymous said…
charli wisely quoted the lovely emily..... the divine emily also said, 'we dwell in possibility...'

drink deep
Rose said…
Sweetie, I truly understand you pain. I believe everyone has experienced the pain from love.

But, you have two choices every morning....either you wake up and decide you are going to be happy or you wake up and you chose to be miserable.........it's your decision.

Sounds harsh.......but you are a beautiful person and there will be someone out there for you. If this person was so special...he would still be in your life.

Stop beating yourself up and love yourself more..........you deserve to be happy.

Sending hugs your way....I know the pain hurts real bad but I promise you it will get better.

Hugs, Rose
Brandi said…
love for me is beyond confusing, even as I get older it gets more confusing. I'm almost glad no one has fallen for me.

Hearts are so easy to break.

BUT it will get better.

Huugs
Wait. What? said…
So many said what I was thinking - I hope time heals your pain.
Robot Nine said…
Love is confusing, life is also, but time truly does work wonders if you find the strength to let it. Alan

Popular posts from this blog

I'll always be waiting for you.

But there's another face.

I will not bow.